Ever pee in a scrape? I did!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michiganbowbender

Reaction score
I found this scrape on Wed afternoon Sept 26th. It had been opened but not freshened recently. I added my own byproduct to the mix and placed the trailcam just for grins. I got about 40 pics in four days before I moved the cam. These were some of the visitors. By the way, you can start placing your orders anytime now. :lol: :lol:

Picture351-1.jpg

Picture358-1.jpg

Picture361-1.jpg

Picture364.jpg

Picture367-1.jpg

Picture415.jpg

Picture424-1.jpg

Picture447.jpg

Picture462.jpg

[/img][/url]

good experiment! this is a much debated topic- whether "going" around your stand spooks deer or not. this is good evidence that they don't care

Thats kind of interesting. My dad always told me that you could pee in a scrape and deer would come back to it. I have to admit that I always second guessed it, but it looks like he was right...again.

03mossy said:
good experiment! this is a much debated topic- whether "going" around your stand spooks deer or not. this is good evidence that they don't care

I was always a fanatic about letting loose anywhere near my treestands. I wouldn't do it, and you better not either if I invite you to hunt my stands. Now, never again will I carry a urine bottle.

An enormous amount of smells (that are not bacterially related) will add attraction to a scape...In fact testing has shown that "new car" smell outperformed most store bought "scrape attractants" in attracting deer of both sexes to a scrape.

As far as the human urine thing goes...I can not even tell you how many deer I had this season literally standing right in the spot below my stand where I had previously urinated only hours, and in a few cases minutes, before...LOL

JC

The biggest buck I ever shot with a bow out of a tree stand came right up to the spot on the ground, that I relieved myself to while in the tree stand. It was one of those fall days where nothing was happening and I was up there drinking water and eating apples, and just enjoying being in the woods.

Well nature took its course so I did not want to climb down. About an hour later I see/hear a buck coming from behind me and start to chew myself out for making a mess of scent control. That buck walked up to my spot, sniffed the ground and started to paw at it. His mistake because I put an arrow through his vitals and planted him right there.

Ever since then I have been watering deer scrapes. And it amazes me how much activity I see afterward. Now the new car scent I did not know about. I have a buddy who is a mechanic in a car dealership. He has that scent in a bottle so I will have to tell him about that.

Back