Fire Danger Weather

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
It happens every year in these parts, It is dangerously Dry out Now. Washington State (Neighbors us) has actually Banned Target Shooting due to the Dry Weather. I am trying to remember when it Rained last here? The best i can remember is the first part of May. After our last little Rain, it Got Hot and has Stayed that way. We have been in the 90s For well over a Month now. There are a Few Fires around. We have had several Smoky Days from the WildFires, Today being 1 of them. I really enjoy The Summer months, But when It gets this Dry out it’s definitely time for a change. To shoot a Muzzleloader in the Woods around here right now would be BEYOND Stupid! My Guns/Loads are gonna have to wait for some Rainy weather, According to the weather Forecast it’s gonna be Awhile :x

It was June for your last rain. It stormed the day I left back to Washington. Pretty gosh darn dry over here too. Haven't shot a muzzleloader in a couple months.

Harleysboss said:
It was June for your last rain. It stormed the day I left back to Washington. Pretty gosh darn dry over here too. Haven't shot a muzzleloader in a couple months.

That’s right!!! What day was that again? The Sky was Black toward where we would have been shooting, It poured the Rain, But didn’t last long. The nasty weather you went through on your way home went just south of us, But we did get some rain then.

The smoke from Oregon's, Washington's and northern California's fires is getting caught up in the jet stream and being dumped here in Minnesota. Minnesota is under a state-wide hazardous air quality warning until next Tuesday evening. With my lung disease I get air quality alerts when the air gets bad and I've been getting notices for three days now. Then this big warning this afternoon. Doing my drugs and inhalers and staying in as much as possible. The smoke is heavy enough that it can be smelled here and is coloring the air now. Not fun.

Well, here in PA it is threating to rain a little. I'm hoping it holds out long enough for me to try my new GM 45 cal LRH bbl on my TC Renegade tomorrow morning. I'm all loaded up with vials of 70gr of 777-3F and Swiss 3F. I'm not expecting to get the kind of groups that IdahoLewis gets on my first trip, especially with the optic sights that are on it, but I'll be happy with decent groups until I get better sights etc.

edmehlig said:
Well, here in PA it is threating to rain a little. I'm hoping it holds out long enough for me to try my new GM 45 cal LRH bbl on my TC Renegade tomorrow morning. I'm all loaded up with vials of 70gr of 777-3F and Swiss 3F. I'm not expecting to get the kind of groups that IdahoLewis gets on my first trip, especially with the optic sights that are on it, but I'll be happy with decent groups until I get better sights etc.

Congrats on that new barrel Ed!! I don’t think there’s a better 1 Made, Out of ALL of my Muzzleloaders my Green Mountain LRH .45 Cal is UNDOUBTEDLY My Favorite, it is my “Go To”

I am itching to get back out with a few of my guns! I bought a new Camera and would like to try some YouTube Video stuff, I am pretty sure you will be able to see my Shots on paper at 100 yards, the Camera has a 32X Optical Zoom, i have LOTS of learning to do with it. I have been sitting on a REALLY nice Tripod for several years now, i got it at a Pawn Shop locally not long after i moved here, The Guy had no idea what he had? It is a Manfrotto by Bogen with pistol Grip ball head, i paid 10 bucks for it! :D It is a high dollar Tripod, Probably as much as most of my Rifles.

I have 1 place i can safely shoot in this Hot Dry weather, A Sandpit about 10 miles up the Rd, i will need to Shoot at first light, The sun comes up and is right in your face if you wait to long.

Not that I want anything more difficult for them for my archery buddies, I would like undisturbed animals for once. Timberlands are closed in western wa and I hope it last a little while.

Man, IT"S BEEN POURING here in Easton PA!!! Flash Floods, Creeks overflowing etc. Then to top it off I hear were going to get more heavy rain tomorrow! I don't know when I'll be able to get out and shoot! :(

edmehlig said:
Man, IT"S BEEN POURING here in Easton PA!!! Flash Floods, Creeks overflowing etc. Then to top it off I hear were going to get more heavy rain tomorrow! I don't know when I'll be able to get out and shoot! :(
Same here Ed. Its been just too wet this year, we have already met our yearly rain average! The weeds an skeeters are gonna be a big problem this hunting season.

Sure funny the differences in States, This Country is Burning up, the Air Quality from the different Wildfires smoke is YUK around here, can’t hardly see the Mountains. It is REALLY dry here, a BUNCH of Rain would be LOVELY!! I plan to get out soon and shoot at the Sandpit up the Rd, no worries of starting a Fire there. I am itching to try this new little Camcorder out at 100 yards and see if it will pick up bullet holes? Pretty sure it will

Browndogz said:
Not that I want anything more difficult for them for my archery buddies, I would like undisturbed animals for once. Timberlands are closed in western wa and I hope it last a little while.

I hear ya there! I lived on the Wa coast for 38 years, What a ZOO that placed turned in to!

Idaholewis said:
Sure funny the differences in States, This Country is Burning up, the Air Quality from the different Wildfires smoke is YUK around here, can’t hardly see the Mountains. It is REALLY dry here, a BUNCH of Rain would be LOVELY!! I plan to get out soon and shoot at the Sandpit up the Rd, no worries of starting a Fire there. I am itching to try this new little Camcorder out at 100 yards and see if it will pick up bullet holes? Pretty sure it will
I would send you some rain if I could! It's not just VA, but the east coast. The humidity is terrible which causes thunderstorms and we seem to be stuck in this pattern every summer since 2010. If this year is like the last several we will dry up in the fall....We do have great growing seasons tho.

The weather is changing IMO, global warming...who knows?

toytruck said:
Idaholewis said:
I would send you some rain if I could! It's not just VA, but the east coast. The humidity is terrible which causes thunderstorms and we seem to be stuck in this pattern every summer since 2010. If this year is like the last several we will dry up in the fall....We do have great growing seasons tho.

The weather is changing IMO, global warming...who knows?

Weather is a very unpredictable thing, But in my 7 years here in Idaho the Weather has been fairly similar year after year, We had 1 Winter that was REALLY odd, It didn’t get near as cold as normal, Very Little Snow, I could actually see Night Crawlers in my Back yard in January, The Ground is normally Froze solid about a foot or more deep that time of year.

At this point, this year, Rain will be a VERY Welcoming sight :yeah:

Latest posts

Back