• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Fireproof Cabinet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curley

Reaction score
We're moving into a new (to us) home and until now I've always used an old gun cabinet to store guns and accessories. There is a good sized closet in the new home that I would like to store my firearms, ammo, and other miscellaneous items. It's about 24" Deep x 48" Wide x 96" Tall. I really don't want to put a big safe (liberty, browning, etc) in there. Does anyone know of a tall metal cabinet that might have some fire rating and be lockable that could possibly be retrofitted with some sort of gun rack? Also, has anyone ever fireproofed a closet? Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.

Most gun safes now are “fireproofed”with regular drywall. Old school was dual wall steel with concrete...much more effective. Worth doing some research. Def buyer beware.

Back