Fresh Fish Pix

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I haven't seen too many fish headed for the fillet table so I thought I'd put a few fresh ones up!!
The day dawned cloudy and rainy.. Surprisingly my #1 fishing pardner was easy to coax out of his bed this AM and we braved the elements. Struck out big time trying to chunk up some blues but a quick run down to the bay and some squid strips with large smelts we were able to put dinner in the box :D The sky turned a dark grey and we beat a hasty path to the dock. All in all a quality day with friends and family.

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

Great story Jim and great day. Trip through the East River around NY was amazing.
You only forgot to mention the part when we were boarded by coastguards.
:)

The Coast Guard boarded our vessel to perform a routine spot inspection. I'm pretty sure they are under direction to check all boats loitering around bridges... Very courteous and respectful. They were happy to see the little guy wearing his life vest. He was quick to tell them "my Dad never wears one" though... which of course had everyone laughing. I received a satisfactory inspection report and was thanked for being so accomodating.
I offered my son a block of cheese for a snack... :D

Good post and great pics. Looks like the little one had plenty of fun. :applause:

Thanks JD, the little guy is the best! Snacks and having fun are more important than catching fish... Every time out is an experience!

Your story of the coast guard inspection brings back memories. About 15 years ago we were at our cabin and on Sunday morning decided to head out onto the lake for a little last minute fishing before we headed home. My son and I lauched the boat, and headed for our favourite sport. Just nicely got there and started fishing when up drive the RCMP boat. They were doing boat inspections. Went through mine with a fine tooth comb. Everything passed :D except :shock: when they asked to see the life jacket I realized I'd left them hanging in the shed to dry :oops: . Kids had been out water skiing the day before and they were hung up to dry. Did I feel dumb :( . Got a little paper reminder :? that cost me $25 :cry: . Hasn't happened since :D

Back