Fury ST2P 275gr Bullet Recovery

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A cpl days ago Decay came down to Fl from Wi & we spend the afternoon at my backyard 400yd range & Hucklebuck bench set up. I had my Paramount out & we sent some rounds downrange at the 400yd target. I shot like crap with 1.5 moa group, so no target pics this time. But Decay decided he wanted to see one of these bullets recovered from the sandbank after bein shot at 2600fps MV.
So, here is the bullet, weight, & expanded dia in a dial caliper. We were both just impressed with it. I've killed a cpl deer with this load & bullet, but this is the first bullet recovered that either of us had seen. The fire Ants quickly welcomed Decay to Florida while he was diggin out that bullet. Thats why he was diggin it out & not me lol.
Fury ST2P bullet recovery 1.JPGFury ST2P bullets.JPGFury ST2P recovered on scale.JPGFury ST2P recovered in caliper's.JPG

A cpl days ago Decay came down to Fl from Wi & we spend the afternoon at my backyard 400yd range & Hucklebuck bench set up. I had my Paramount out & we sent some rounds downrange at the 400yd target. I shot like crap with 1.5 moa group, so no target pics this time. But Decay decided he wanted to see one of these bullets recovered from the sandbank after bein shot at 2600fps MV.
So, here is the bullet, weight, & expanded dia in a dial caliper. We were both just impressed with it. I've killed a cpl deer with this load & bullet, but this is the first bullet recovered that either of us had seen. The fire Ants quickly welcomed Decay to Florida while he was diggin out that bullet. Thats why he was diggin it out & not me lol.
View attachment 19607View attachment 19608View attachment 19610View attachment 19609
so you say normally you shoot way under 1 moa at 400yds?

so you say normally you shoot way under 1 moa at 400yds?
I can shoot moa when I'm havin a good day. I do not shoot enough nowadays to shoot consistently & health issues at play. I am capable of under moa shooting. On a good day. Thats my 3rd group with the Paramount & the 2nd group with this bullet & charge. I will have this gun & myself shooting at moa with some more range time. I do not consider 1.5 moa " good shooting ".

Is this their bonded bullet/what diameter/does it fit the Paramount well? I read there are issues using non-ELR bullets. And what powder charge were you using?
Yes, its a bonded bullet, smokeless rated. I got them knurled up to .453 up to this point, the new pack I just got I had knurled up tp .454. You'll need an adj sizing die & single stage bullet press & a decent dial caliper, having your own knurling tool is helpful as well & an understanding of several diff things, then whatever bullet to bore you want to use is no big deal. I've put a cpl hundred rounds thru this Paramount between Parker & fury bullets. I haven't shot an ELR in 2yrs. I'm sorry, I can not discuss the charge I'm using to get this MV in open forum. It goes against MML rules.

Yes, its a bonded bullet, smokeless rated. I got them knurled up to .453 up to this point, the new pack I just got I had knurled up tp .454. You'll need an adj sizing die & single stage bullet press & a decent dial caliper, having your own knurling tool is helpful as well & an understanding of several diff things, then whatever bullet to bore you want to use is no big deal. I've put a cpl hundred rounds thru this Paramount between Parker & fury bullets. I haven't shot an ELR in 2yrs. I'm sorry, I can not discuss the charge I'm using to get this MV in open forum. It goes against MML rules.
Thanks. I didn't know the charge couldn't be discussed in open forum-no big deal, was just curious since I don't own, nor have I ever shot a Paramount. I shoot smokeless out of my Savage ML II, but those are all with sabots. In the process of putting all the pieces together to build a long range smokeless .45. As for the Furys, I bought 50 of their bonded 300gr bullets- have only tested 3 so far but they grouped very well-looks like they will be giving my Barns Spitzers a run. I will also be trying them out of my Remington Ultimate.

Back