Genesis and Blackhorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It shoots wonderful out of it. I've shot it w/CCI's, Rem Klenbore's, Win 777 and the reg Win 209. Not once in almost an entire container have I had a missfire or hangfire. The breech plug has a deep concave face that BH needs. W/777 and Pyrodex about every 10 shots you would have to wipe the face of the Torch Cam. W/BH I can shoot all day and never have to wipe it. That's all I shoot out of it now. :D

As far as accuracy goes, mine shoots it equally as accurate as Pyrodex and better than 777.

tnhagies,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in buying a new muzzleloader and I am looking at the Genesis. I assume from your post that you like it. What bullets/loads have you shot out of it?

Thanks again,

WVHILLBILLYJLM

WVHILLBILLYJLM said:
tnhagies,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in buying a new muzzleloader and I am looking at the Genesis. I assume from your post that you like it. What bullets/loads have you shot out of it?

Thanks again,

WVHILLBILLYJLM

Mine's not picky at all. I've shot all kinds of things out of it, XTPs, Gold Dots, Shockwave, Dead Centers, Noslers... They all shoot about the same. My two favorite huntin' loads are 300g XTP MAG in front of 90 BH and a 200g XTP in front of 110g BH. The only thing I can't tell you for sure about just yet is conicals. I'm working up a load for my CO elk hunt this year w/it and my 700ML so I'll be testing several different ones in the coming weeks. I have little fear I won't be able to find something to shoot well out of it. Best of luck to you w/your new purchase.

Back