Getting ready for spring shooting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Took some work, but I finally got the snow plowed so I could get to the backstop. Which by the way, was shot just full of holes. Been hanging there a couple years now.
After I got it opened up, I put up a new backboard for holding targets. Going to use clips to hang the targets instead of staples.
Also opened up the shooting bench area. Getting ready for spring practice :)

I've got about 225 yards, slowly hacking into the woods to get up to 500 eventually I hope to clear the 7 or 800 but it's going to take a bulldozer or a lot of Machete,, Encore you're more patient than me if I had to sit there for a couple of months snowed in and couldn't shoot I would be clearing me a hundred yards out my window in the house and moving a shooting bench inside.

I've got about 225 yards, slowly hacking into the woods to get up to 500 eventually I hope to clear the 7 or 800 but it's going to take a bulldozer or a lot of Machete,, Encore you're more patient than me if I had to sit there for a couple of months snowed in and couldn't shoot I would be clearing me a hundred yards out my window in the house and moving a shooting bench inside.
I get some practice during the winter but mostly with a 22LR. Before the wet snow, I did get some .450 Bushmaster shooting in which was fun. Most all the ranges here are closed and won't open until the roads dry up.
I need a shoot'n shed here at home :)

Back