Good, bad, or indifferent

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strutter

Reaction score
Wondering which trail cam to buy? It's hard reading reviews because you don't know who you are dealing with? Which camera seems to be the best for the price and good picture quality? Looking to stay in the 200-250 dollar range?

Thanks,

My friend raves about one of the slightly older Cuddeback models, It's either the 'Capture' or 'Capture IR' model. I see them discounted now at Natchez & other places.

Dont own a game cam but have seen the pics off a friends Moultree camera and look great

There are so many cams out there now it is hard to decide on one. There are couple good web sites that have info that may help: chasinggame.com and trailcampro.com. The cuddyback capture is a very good cam. While the cature is a flash it is cheaper and takes great pic and has a fash trigger speed. The capture IR is an IR cam, has a little bit slower trigger than the capture, but still faster than most other cams. Both are easy to set up and use. Both currently have a rebate being offered until the end of Dec. I also have couple Moultrie I40 camera. The I40's take good pictures, but have a much slower trigger speed than the Cuddyback. The Moultries also are harder to get at the SD card, but have great battery life. Battery life on the cuddyback is less than the moultie, but still very good. The Moultrie I40's were bought for $120 and that was why we bought them. At the orginal $200 price tag I would have passed on the Moultrie and bought more Cuddybacks. I have read reports that sounded good about the Bushnell trophy cams.

Latest posts

Back