got curious....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I have this beautiful single trigger .54 cal T/C Renegade in my safe and get it out every now and again to handle and admire it. I've not shot it and honestly cannot find any evidence that it has been fired, so who knows. I had the gun out this morning so I could do some switching things around in the safe and wondered when exactly the gun was made so I sent an email off to the contact link at TC. Hoping they can tell from the serial no. How do ya'll go about getting manufacture info on certain guns of interest?

118,9xx was late 70s to the best I can remember.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I bought a new .54 cal , double set triggers, in 1977, ser # 20,xxx.

If you get a response at all they’ll tell you about the big fire in the ‘90’s and that all reecords were lost.

bubba.50 said:
If you get a response at all they’ll tell you about the big fire in the ‘90’s and that all reecords were lost.

^^ What bubba said.

I have an old .54 Cal Renegade barrel sitting here in front of me, i think it’s the oldest i have? Serial No. 23XX

MrTom said:
I have this beautiful single trigger .54 cal T/C Renegade in my safe and get it out every now and again to handle and admire it. I've not shot it and honestly cannot find any evidence that it has been fired, so who knows. I had the gun out this morning so I could do some switching things around in the safe and wondered when exactly the gun was made so I sent an email off to the contact link at TC. Hoping they can tell from the serial no. How do ya'll go about getting manufacture info on certain guns of interest?

I changed my trigger guards to include a hook. The hook helps me to pull the gun in tighter like I do with my double trigger guns. I threw away every factory barrel I had.

Zgun2mL.jpg

The hooked guard is what I hated the most on my first Renegade. I haven't even set a cap on the nipple yet....don't know that I will. The gun is simple class as it sits and I sure do appreciate simple class.

Heres my .50 cal.

Re: RE: Re: got curious....

herschel conyers said:
Heres my .50 cal.

Having trouble posting pics

MrTom said:
The hooked guard is what I hated the most on my first Renegade. I haven't even set a cap on the nipple yet....don't know that I will. The gun is simple class as it sits and I sure do appreciate simple class.

Not everyone will like, and agree on the same things. I couldn’t imagine not having my Hooked trigger guards, I use them Like Ron mentioned above, My middle finger stays in the Hook when my rifles are shouldered, when i am ready to take my shot i pull the rifle in to my shoulder using my middle finger in the Hook. I have gotten so use to them, that i would feel NEKID without my Hooked trigger guards

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: got curious....

herschel conyers said:
herschel conyers said:
Heres my .50 cal.

Having trouble posting pics

Test
2bad6ce48b3b4524dd10dc9d17111191.jpg

That is a BEAUTIFUL piece of Wood on that Old Renegade!!! :yeah:

I have more Renegades than I know what to do with - but there for a long time they were my favorite because they were so plain and simple... this pic shows a few of them...

IMG_1207.jpg

And this one was my favorite hunter Renegade - my version of an Idaho White - when we were required to use a sidlock rifle for hunting....

P1010006-1.jpg

I love the old Renegades. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Indiana went back to sidelock only.

Nice collection of Renegades Mike!! Did you install that Recoil pad on the Bottom one with the Stainless GM LRH barrel? I like it a BUNCH!! Archery Elk started here this morning, I had an Old Bull elk FIRED up GOOD first thing :yeah: I just couldn’t get him in Bow Range, I was sure wishing it was a Muzzleloader season while i was listening to him! Sometimes i feel like i would be just as well off with a Claw hammer in my Hand instead of a Bow & Arrow :lol:

bubba.50 said:

Exactly what I got. And a bunch of advertising.

Latest posts

Back