....HAMMER WON'T DRAW BACK............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:twisted: :x :evil: :x

My brand new RUGER SINGLE SIX 22LR/22 MAG has gotten me pretty PO'D to say the least. I've shot about 350 LR's and 25 MAGS since I bought it. Today at the range I was able to get off 14 or 15 rds before the hammer stuck in the down position. I can't draw the hammer back. I remove the 22 LR cylinder and put in the mag cylinder and its the same thing. Can't draw the hammer back :!: :!: :!:
Any one else ever run into the same problem :?: :?: :?:
Thanks to all who may reply :cheers:

I had that problem with an 1851 confederate navy. but that thing in those days was $125 and pure junk LOL. I wonder if maybe something stripped out or broke off internally and jammed. I think ruger has a good warranty so i'd be calling them tomorrow AM.

Sorry, don't have a clue but I hope you get her going. Let us know what you find out.

I don't think your cylinder is in the right place .it takes some playing with sometimes if wrong thats why it would not cock or gylinder don't turn

:D :)

Hammer had to be replaced per Rugers repair invoice. I called ruger and they explained that the hammer was bad. Something with the material. I've shoot 3 or 400 LR's thru it since I got it back and so far, no problems :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Back