Hello from a new Washingtonian

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PacNWJim

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm a former Mainer who moved to Texas a few years ago, and who now lives in the Tacoma, Washington area. I arrived with my T/C Bone Collector, promptly found out it wasn't legal during ML season, and since then have been working toward finding a good break-open inline magnum that's NW legal. I found and traded for a nice bolt-action NW CVA Elkhorn, so I can hunt when the ML season arrives.

My T/C Bone Collector has a scope, so I'll use it on select days (read that as: days when it's not pouring down rain) during rifle season.

My biggest issue is just trying to make sense of the incredibly complex hunting (and fishing) Regs here in Washington. I've looked for classes that might help with the understanding of all these Regs and maps and animal management areas and such, but the only classes I can find are for hunter safety. I did find a great muzzleloading shop here in Puyallup, WA, and the guy there has been very helpful in learning my way around here as far as ranges and clubs and such. He's knowledgeable on both my old CVA mountain Rifle and my newer in-line muzzleloaders.

I'm hoping that joining one of the clubs might help me to learn more about the endless hunting Regs here.

It's great to find these forums. There's a million things you need to learn whenever you take on a new area of the sport like muzzleloading, and I'm soaking it up like a sponge. It's good to see so many helpful folks posting.

~ Jim ~

Welcome Jim...Glad you could join us. There are a bunch of guys here that can help you with the regs and a legal ML.

:applause: :applause:

WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Glad you could join us. Great place to laugh, learn and just have a good time chewing the rag.

Ray........... :yeah:

Welcome to the forum. Its nice to have you here. Good luck in your hunts out there.

Latest posts

Back