Hey It's a Diet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Was at the Gym today. Said I have been coming here for 4 years and haven't lost a pound, actually gaining a little.

Woman looks at me aren't you on a diet? Sure am!  What kind? South Beach.  :confused:

She says wait are the Main ingredients Bacon Grease, Sugar and Alcohol? I said oh you been on it too. No fool you're not on the South Beach Diet your on the Southern Diet. :lol!:

Truth I was counting calories wasn't doing any good. Doctor said I'm doing all I can, don't worry.

oneshot

OldMtnMan said:
Are you hungry all the time? If not, eat less.
Funny when I was watching it I was told I was eating too little. No I'll stick with what my Doctor says. Oh I can't have Greens, Caffeine, Alcohol, Spices, Milk Products, basically I was told by my last Doctor if it tasted good spit it out because I'm not to have it.

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
OldMtnMan said:
Funny when I was watching it I was told I was eating too little. No I'll stick with what my Doctor says. Oh I can't have Greens, Caffeine, Alcohol, Spices, Milk Products, basically I was told by my last Doctor if it tasted good spit it out because I'm not to have it.

oneshot
What the devil is wrong with greens? I look forward to Fall and Winter every year for 2 reasons, hunting and mustard greens.

oneshot 1 said:
OldMtnMan said:

oneshot
Is the doctor overweight?

I'm not a doctor, but I managed a gym for almost 5 years. I understand the body and nutrition. If you're on a diet and working out and you're not losing weight. You're eating too much. The human body and how it works is the same for everybody. Food is fuel. Too much of it and you store the excess as fat. Too little and your body uses the stored fat for energy. Eat what your body requires to maintain your weight and you stay the same weight. It's not rocket science.

With oneshots history of the pain hes going through, I'd probably say exercise is an issue for him right now. Even i put on some weight once my hips and neck started to affect me.

Southern Breakfast :lol: :lol: thats a good one!

He already explained his workouts. I never told him to workout. I could have said workout harder and longer and you'll burn more calories and can continue to eat as he is. However, that didn't suit him, so eating less is the only way.

If what he's doing isn't working. Then continuing to do the same thing will continue to give the same results. Something needs to be changed. There are only two options. Eat less or workout harder. Eating less is his option.

I'm not worried about all this I just posting some funny.

My Doctor knows I can only do so much and can only eat certain foods. My Cholesterol , Blood Pressure,Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen all is very good.

Far as Greens I'm on Blood Thinners and Greens thicken my good.

Oh my Doctor is New to me and is the best I could find with out waiting over a year because of my pain.

oneshot

I was discussing cholesterol with my late Doctor, he was a really great bloke. I said cholesterol is like grease, isn't it, like a lubricant? Won't it make my heart valves work better , the more bacon, fry bread and pork crackling I eat? all wide eyed and innocent like. He said sadly it does not work like that. I said Damn !! worth a try . He did have a good chuckle as he had not seen a thought process like mine before.

It's more like epoxy than grease. Epoxy dries up hard and restricts the flow.

Enjoy your bacon and other greasy foods.

I'll stick to oatmeal and fruit.

Latest posts

Back