Hi from N. AL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan57

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, old retired engineer, decided to register. Getting back into muzzleloaders (well, I never really left). Currently have a TC Firestorm flintlock and a TC Encore 209X50. I've been called heretical; I admire the FORM of the old heritage sidelocks, but I don't worship at the altar of absolute historical minute-detail authenticity LOL. For example I'm planning a Hawken with parkerized barrel and fittings, a stainless lock, in a carbon fiber stock! Looking forward to talking with the experts in the forum 👍

Welcome stan57. Looking fwd to pics of your modernized hawken. Ive been looking for a stainless lock to add to a TC Renegade. Grey Hawk or Silver Elite parts are going for a price higher $ than i can pay right now.

...I don't think anyone here minds what a fella shoots.

Thanks deermanok. I got the wrinkle-nosed stinkeye at the last local gun show when I asked a "expert" about more modern alternative finishes and materials on a traditional weapon. He said something to the effect: "why. just get an inline."

Thanks deermanok. I got the wrinkle-nosed stinkeye at the last local gun show when I asked a "expert" about more modern alternative finishes and materials on a traditional weapon. He said something to the effect: "why. just get an inline."
Lol, here's a flintlock rifle that I sorta put together from assorted parts. It ain't Historically Correct by any stretch but it's fun to shoot. 20220730_091027.jpg

Welcome from Indiana! Great group of folks here, with so many good ideas and information.

Latest posts

Back