Hoping to shoot soon!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Hopefully friday or saturday my friend and I will be going to the Whittington center to do some shooting! I just packed up a ton of stuff into my ammo can. Just need the weather to hold off and be nice! No wind please.... Please!

I'm going to be shooting my Traditions St.Louis Hawken .50 and will be using Pyrodex P with .018 pillow ticking cut at the muzzle. I need to use this patch material cut before I order any more bridgers best pre cut patches. I still have a yard of the ox yoke .020" fabric to use up :cry: Then again, I could use it for char  cloth!

FrontierGander said:
Then again, I could use it for char  cloth!
The texture is coarse on the thicker patching, finer texture cloth catches and holds the spark better Jon.  What really works good is old blue hankerchiefs like your dad uses, that fabric is as good as the white (thin) hankerchiefs used with your suit coat when going to Sunday Going To Meetings. If you have any wild bees or hornets around, their nests are really good for fire making (biggest problem you'll encounter is making sure you have everything gathered as the thin paper like material goes up fast). Fun stuff to play with in the off seasons from hunting, use this time to look for bee/hornet/bird nests for your fire building supplies.  :cheers:

Latest posts

Back