Howdy from the Ozark Mountains of MO!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Born and raised here over the last 51 years. Did a hitch in the Navy and went around the world. Lived in Florida, Cali, KC; but keep coming back home. I was raised on a homestead during the 70's and thank the powers that be for that! Learned a great deal from my Ma and Pa. Fished and hunted since I was 6 with bows, rifles, handguns, airguns and muzzleloaders. Used to love hunting with my Pa, especially treerats, but since he passed in '07 have not done much. Now am starting to get the itch again.

I've done the Mountain Man thing years ago and am getting interested in that again. I shoot an Interarms Hawken .50 most of the time, but recently was given my Dads CVA inline Stag Horn Mag .50 to cleanup and play with, so here I am.

Looks like a nice community with a great bunch of folks here, glad to be a part.

Thanks

Lee

:D
Lee,
WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Glad you joined the group :yeah:

Ray......... :wink:

Welcome! Glad you found us. Great guys and lots of Great info to be found. Enjoy your stay!

Welcome. Its going to be something special when you get your dads old CVA cleaned up and take a deer with it!

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.

Took the CVA apart and started the cleanup yesterday. Sadly, I found that the bore was a nasty red in color!!!! :nono: :wall: Spent 2 hours with the barrel , some WD40 and a bore brush and knocked a lot of the rust out. Looks like it was just surface rust and very minimal pitting if any. My father would never have allowed a dirty firearm to sit so someone else has messed with it. Gonna continue to work on this until I get it under control/eradicated. Also will be working up a load of .50/.44 primarily for coyotes, but will also be effective on whitetails, although my Hawken gets more Deer action.

But again, Thanks. I'm already learning a great deal from reading here. :prayer:

Back