Hoyt Gamemaster recurve

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joes

Reaction score
I checked out one of these bows at a show 2 days ago nice looking bow anyone have one. :)

I like the looks of them too. I don't have one so I cant comment on how they shoot. I don't think there are too many other stickbow shooters on this site. I posted last year to inquire who shoots trad equipment and got no responses. :(

I shot traditional 1973-1982. We did'nt call it by that name then, it was just bowhuntin' :)

Never shot one, no.

Spitpatch said:
I shot traditional 1973-1982. We did'nt call it by that name then, it was just bowhuntin' :)

quote]

That's right. When I started bowhunting no one had ever heard of a compound bow. There was only archery. No modern or traditional. I guess I'm dating myself. :D I tried a compound for awhile in the 70's but just drifted back to the stickbows. They just seemed to be a better fit for my type of hunting.
I might have to try a new compound some day. They sure look different than the ones I had back then. 8)

Joes said:
I checked out one of these bows at a show 2 days ago nice looking bow anyone have one. :)

i am a traditional shooter. i shoot a bear kodiac and a bear montana. i love to shoot them. the only deer i have ever taken with bow has been with traditional equipment.

i have seen the bow you are describing, never shot one but, fred eichler used one in his tv show eastons hunt tv. on the outdoor channel.

Hey Bacher, I see you are in Wapakoneta, Ohio. I went to an OSTA shoot in Bellefontaine a few years back. My buddies and I had a great time. We went to something called the Kenton National while we were there. It was like a gigantic coon dog trial/ flea market. What a hoot that was. :shock: Have you ever been there??

kenton nationals

JimA said:
Hey Bacher, I see you are in Wapakoneta, Ohio. I went to an OSTA shoot in Bellefontaine a few years back. My buddies and I had a great time. We went to something called the Kenton National while we were there. It was like a gigantic coon dog trial/ flea market. What a hoot that was. :shock: Have you ever been there??

jima,

yeh, i used to go to the coon dog trials every year for a while. that is where i got my first recurve. you can everything there, including the kitchen sink. people come from all over the us to run their dogs. the place is only a 45 minutes from my house.

do they still have shoots in bellefontaine. i have not tried my hand at a shoot before but, i would love to start.

let me know when you guys are coming down 175. there aren't very many traditionalists around that i know of. it would be good to shoot with real tradionalists.

take care,

bacher

Latest posts

Back