HPH 24s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Just returned from the range. Took both Savages,the HB and my sons gun.My sons Savage really likes the HPH24s and 300 grn XTPs, pushed by 44grn of 5744.Groups avg.3/4 in at 100yds. I am tickled to death with this!! I only shot the HPH24s out of my HB enough to tell if they would group, they did! I knew I had a winner when when my son picked up his Savage and proceeded to punch one dead center at a 100yds. He got pretty excited about that.especially since it was better than his Dads last shot! :oops: I got him back though,we broke out the good ole .22s to just have some fun.We agreed to who ever shot 5 clays the fastest,loser fixed dinner.While he was down range I unloaded his gun!Shameful, I know.but I felt a good practical joke was in order to take some of the swelling down in his head! Get ready set, go!That look was priceless :lol: We decided to fix dinner together!

I put in an order for a bag of HPH 24's today to see how they shoot out of my 10ML-II. The HPH 12's are WAY too tight to seat in my gun. Hopefully, the 24's will cure that. Glad to hear you saw some great results shooting them out of your Savages. That's encouraging to hear!

Tar- Thats priceless- I'll have to try that with my boy-He's getting closer to beating me every time out :shock: but thats what he'll remember later in life..... Rick

Been shootin the HPH12's that come with the Barnes 300 Grain MZ Expanders. They are somewhat tight if I dont swap between shots. If I swab ...not too bad.

Loggy said:
Been shootin the HPH12's that come with the Barnes 300 Grain MZ Expanders. They are somewhat tight if I dont swap between shots. If I swab ...not too bad.
Loggy, I have not tried the 12s, but I am going to just to see the results.The Barnes are .451 right?

Tar-12,

They are .451. I run a damp patch with sabot solvent then dry between each shot. It takes a lil time & effort but for me I get the best groups & consistent ease of loading doing this. Loading is still tight (which is good) but not that bad. Everyone seems to have their own loading steps but this works for me.

Back