I am Buying A CVA Optima V 2 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapper444

Reaction score
I have passed my orginial 50 cal  Optima along to my son & i am getting ready to order me the CVA Optima V2 in about a month or so I am very excited about getting this rifle fellas . How many of you fellas already have a Optima V 2 & let me know how much ya like them please Thanks Fellas . I found one in stock at Cheaper Than Dirt for $250 + S&H is there any other site that may have it cheaper the one i am wanting is the Stainless / Black 26". If any of you fellas know any other site that has them in stock or will have them in stock soon let me know please . Thanks

I would check with Carlos at Ed's gun shop. If you are a BH209 shooter, the gun will come ready to shoot that powder. There are some options, so discuss with Carlos. There is NOBODY better to deal with!

910-692-7936

I bought one when they first cam out in 2010 the bore was not as smooth as my Accura or Apex but it was still ok. I didn't like the action release lever but the newer ones are like the Apex and Accura now and I think have a rubber coated stock . It was a good gun and shot well, I was impressed with its breech plug.

I am kinndly stuck on which finish to order the Stainless or the Blue Steel model the price isn't the thing its just $25 for extra for the stainless . My question is will the blue model rust as bad in the bore I take extra CARE OF MY RIFLES I would like to know id any of you guys have the blue model & does it tend to rust worse than the Stainless model  I CLEAN MY RIFLE AFTER EACH & EVERY SHOT PEROID I am just stuck & i know it my choice but i would like to here from any of you feaas who have a bule steel instead of the stianless model

stainless without a doubt, never had any rust issues with my SS cva's. Much easier to care for and clean.

You WONT regret the SS.

Stainless steel is not rust proof.  You'll still need to take care of the rifle just as you always do.  This may not be a consideration now, but, Stainless steel is much better for re-sale too.  Nice choice you made on rifles.  You'll be happy with that one!

Oh i will never let my Optima stay dirty Stainless or not if a one  doesn't take of the finish & the bore stainless will ruin  the same a blue steel would

You can look at guns made 60 years ago, and the bluing is still good. All it takes is some care.

Latest posts

Back