I miss the actual hardware store

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I broke my grandfathers teeth set so I go to Lowes and home Depot they looked at me like I had two heads I went to ace they ordered me one and shipped it to my house

I'm surprised how many hardware stores out in the little country towns in Arkansas have firearms and bullets ,hardware stores in Texas I never saw that ,,and there's a lot of hardware stores here in Southwest Arkansas whose prices are as cheap if not cheaper than Home Depot and Lowe's I like hardware stores!!!

It was a bummer when they closed the last hardware store I knew of out here. They tire down the building and built a fancy bank there instead. It used to have all kinds of hard to find stuff. Some of which you would be hard pressed to even name it when you asked for it.

When I was a teenager our local convenience stores even carried some ammo. As dove season was coming up they would sll have shotgun shell pyramids in the stores. Heck drugstores, hardware stores, auto repair stores all had some common ammo on hand. Almost all of them had the cool 22rimfire cabinet case on the counter where you could open the glass door and take out what you wanted to buy.

Yup. those small-town hardware stores can be treasure troves. Small town pawn shops and gun shops can be filled with deals too. About ten years ago we were in Missouri on vacation, and I hit up several small pawn shops and came home with a mess of sidelocks that cleaned up nice and were sold for a pretty decent over-all profit.

The hardware store in my small town is a great place to wander around in. They sure have just about anything you can think of. Not so much hunting or fishing items though.

I live in Fairfield, CA (Budweiser& JellyBelly).
Nearby is Vacaville and Pacific Hardware.
The store has been owned by the same family for 100+ years.
It started in the small town of Monticello which now lies under Lake Berryessa.
They have EVERY screw, nut, washer, nail ever made.
They are affiliated with ACE hardware and the family owns the ACE store in Suisun outside Travis AFB.
They have screws for all firearms, foreign & domestic as well as scope screws, too
If they don’t have it they will tell you where to get it.

Latest posts

Back