I'd like to.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpsman

Reaction score
go shoot a bit but fellas....I ain't gonna subject myself to 96F and 70%RH!! I got shade trees to shoot under but it's still hotter than a fox's arse in a forest fire!!

I just LOVE Louisiana weather in summer! :evil: :no:

Been this way for ten days now and AUGUST ain't here yet!!

:affraid: :thumb down:

conner said:
Try Utah we have had over 30 days of 100 degrees or hotter so far.
Why we've got 4 Air Tankers out that way working from Canadian border to Mexico!! :Salute:

Makes sense to avoid that high temp and humidity.
When we lived in Virginia, we had a 10K race routed behind our house. During the race, under conditions of more than 90 degrees and 85%-90% humidity, two men in their thirties died in the field nearby. They sat down by a tree and expired from heat stroke.
You simply can't evaporate water (sweat) in such high humidity, so you can't use your body's cooling mechanism.
Ron

Heat's a killer. We had a deer lease in central Alabama and every Labor Day weekend was our scheduled work days for mowing, cutting trails, making improvements, etc. It usually was close to 100 deg. every year. One year it was 106 according to our camp thermometer.

We had a new younger member from NYC. He was a construction worker and was hyper as hell. He ran everywhere. We tried to tell him to slow down or he'd get in trouble with hyperthermia. Luckily, he finally listened but was wasted the rest of the weekend.
After that we worked from 7:30 until noon then took off 3 hours for lunch, a shower, and a siesta. We started back at 3:00 and worked until 8:00. We didn't have problems after that.

It started off being a heat problem, now its Raining EVERY EVENING. I'll try to get out today after I de-winterize the camper.

Back