Identifying 32cal revolver and a E.N. 44cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a no name 32cal and no marking revolver any type of information would help..

Also a E.N. Santana Barbara New model Army 44cal revolver .. I was told of a old website but can't seem to get it to work.

Value and any information would we helpful..

Thank you and God Bless

JDAS

0403242107~2.jpg

The Santa Barbara is a Remington Army copy from Spain, produced from the seventies till 2000’s of good solid steel and every one I’ve seen has been well made and fitted. Parts could be used from Uberti most likely but would require some hand fitting.

“The Santa Barbara New model Army revolvers made in Spain are supposed to be a real step up from the Italian 1858's. As Captain Kirk stated they are made of ordnance grade steel. You don't see one for sale very often. Here is an excerpt from the Maker and Importer Marks on the Cap and Ball Revolver website.

The National Enterprise of Defense Industries was the Spanish manufacturer who produced the Remington New Model Army and Navy replicas in the 1970's. Santa Barbara was a state factory created in the 1960's by Francisco Franco. These weapons are not marked black powder only. The distribution of the NMA's continued until about 2000 when the factory ran out of stock and could no longer supply the model. The maker mark on the barrel was MADE BY E.N. SANTA BARBARA followed the the logo and "SPAIN". Santa Barbara Sistemas was denationalized by Spain and acquired by General Dynamics in July 2001.“

The Santa Barbara I've seen sold were $350 on up to $700. A lot of collectors look at the cylinder condition. If it has deep bolt rings the value goes down. No ring the more value. Ive had three of them. They are very well made revolvers. A Pietta cylinder fits good. An Uberti cylinder works but has too much cylinder to barrel gap. Overall condition is important to collectors. Scratches and dings sort of thing.
The 1849 pocket is actually called a 31 caliber. Might be an Armi San Marco. There were some made by other Italian manufacturers. You can usually tell by the fit and finish. Uberti makes them but in the steel frame. Without the loading lever they call it a Wells Fargo.
By the looks of yours, looks like machine marks? Might have been a kit. There were various manufacturers in this model. They are notorious for cap jams. Being a brass frame, I would value it at $150 up and no more than $250. But it all comes down to condition. Parts are obsolete. If it is an ASM, Uberti parts might work. Sometimes the cylinder and barrel will interchange with the Uberti. I've had about three in parts and couldn't make a whole one out of the three. Sold them off as parts.
I have an Uberti and an ASM Wells Fargo.
The pictures are examples.

Attachments

• 2Q==.jpg
    2Q==.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9k=.jpg
    9k=.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back