IMR White Hots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mev1296

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this ismy first post.
I have a CVA Optima v2 which has a 416 stainless steel barrel. I use 2 IMR White Hots for deer hunting. My question is will these IMR's damage the inside of my barrel if I leave them in? Right now I put them in before work in case I see a deer on the way and I take them out when I get home 10 hours later. Can I leave them in my rifle for a few days at a time for example or will doing that damage my barrel?

Thanks in advance for the advice

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You should be fine for days,,even weeks on end if you have not fired your MZ and the White Hots.

I am new to the sport as well. After zeroing my T/C Impact (9 shoots) I cleaned it and dry patched the bore. I then loaded it with a 240 Hornady XTP/black sabot and 2 T7 pellets (no 209) and set it aside. Almost a month later I spied a nice 8-pt in the green field behind my house at about 80 yds. He dallied too long and when the shot was right he got it. Went about 50 yds into the woods behind the house with a high lung shot. No blood trail but some lung tissue si I knew it was a fatal hit. Swabbed the bore with a WD40 patch then 3 dry patches, reloaded and set it aside for the rest of the season. Nothing else was worth shooting so in Feb, after almost 3 months, just to see what happened, I capped and fired the charge. It when Bang and hit in the same group on the original target from 5 months before. MZ season opens Monday 11/18 here in Al with a confirmed zero already, I'll load and wait-minus a 209 from my next venison roast. BTW I have used T7 and White Hots. Simply by price default T77 was the load-I inherited a quantity. White Hots shot fine for me in my limited experience.

Latest posts

Back