inside shooting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Reading MB magazine today, part of one article stood out and I found quite amusing. Can't imagine this happening, but it did to this man 40 years ago when he got his 1st ML - original Samuel Beck.
Maybe ronlaughlin will try this in his water bottle testing?

Attachments

• BP 36 couch.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 349
amazing!

I once dry balled a traditional rifle. Yes that's right ... me. And I loaded powder down through the nipple port, packing it in with an old guitar string. Once I got the port full, I replaced the nipple and capped the rifle. I was going to rid the barrel of the dry ball. I aimed at a target 25 yards away, and fired at the center. That ball hit the target and bounced half way back to me. My black Labrador immediately went into the lawn (he was watching all this) and retrieved the ball for me, bring it to me. That ball hit thick cardboard, but it dented the three layers of cardboard pretty impressively, before bouncing off. So I might have gotten ... what ... 4 grains on that nipple port. And it still had that kind of power.

My gun club has a 100 yard underground rifle tube, they have sprayed on insulation for the first 10 yards of the tube to cut down on some of the noise...a guy was sighting in his ML with a magnum load and the flash caught the insulation on fire...

When I shoot my ML there, I set a table up in the tube beyond the insulation so I shoot from 50 and 90 Yards :D

Back