Killed my first one yesterday NOW WITH PICTURES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
Sorry i dont have pictures (yet) i would say he weighs about 90 to 110 pounds. I shot him yesterday around 12:00 noon with a 50 cal muzzle loader. Thanks for answering all my questions before its a good feeling when you kill a wild pig. Now i just need to get a deer. Thanks everybody
scan0001.jpg
scan0002.jpg

i had to give the pig to my hunting friend, my wife will have no part in eating wild animals. Even though i know thier is nothing wrong with it i have to do what the wife says. She lets me spends hours out thier hunting so its kind of a weird trade-off. I will have her thinking my way one day.

with the next one give it to a friend but tell him you want one of the back straps. cook tit up on the grill one day and when the wife ask's whats for dinner just say grilled pork loin i picked up. she wont know where it came from and will enjoy it. once its cooked and on the plate i cant tell if it came from the woods or the meat department @ krogers

thanks gobbler thats one of her fears that im going to sneak her some wild meat. it will just take time this is my first year hunting so this is new to her lol thanks for the advise i might have to go get one of those back straps, i cut both of them out too.

congrats! I wouldn't lie to her funman. What i would do is make JERKY when you get your deer. Then YOU eat it and don't even try to give her any. Eventually she'll try some and then she'll want MORE!

im working on the deer ,not real easy for me so far lol

where are you hunting at? I'm hunting around sebring. I only saw one legal shooter buck- a four point- and that was on the highway! Tough getting a buck here.

If you have a bow you can get a doe in archery....

Congratulations on the pig. That is a good accomplishment in my book. Also some good eating. Its a shame your wife will not at least try some of it. BUT some people are funny like that.

Nice pig. I killed one 10 yrs or so ago with my 50 cal Black Diamond and been wanting to break my new Triumph in on one soon!

Back