Knight 45 accuracy issues solved

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnedd2

Reaction score
Knight 45 cal. Blackhorn209 powder. bolt & breech plug converted to LRMP shooting Hankins modules. Fury bullet to bore, veggie wads, sized to 20 Lbs of ramrod pressure
I bought a new Knight 45 cal this year and have not been able to get a decent 100 yard group, most have been 3" or bigger. I tried several bullet types and powder charges and could not get a decent group. also changed scopes changed scope mounts and still nothing. Last week when putting the barrel back into the laminated factory stock after cleaning and beforebedding.jpgafterbedding.jpgjust before tightening the action bolt I noticed movement with the barrel, it slide front to back almost a 1/4" and was rocking side to side. I ordered a Marine Tex epoxy kit to bed the action, also free floated the forearm. drilled out the action bolt hole then installed a Raven eye custom bedding pillar. let it sit for the 24 hour cure period. The following Sunday I took it out to the range for testing. This Knight is now shooting a decent group close to 1/2" MOA at 100 and I think I could of done a bit better if I had concentrated a little more. I'm impressed with how well this bedding job improved my Knight.knight1.jpgknightd2.jpgboltface.jpgboltfacewithmodule.jpgfurystb's.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got it solved and nice group! What a dramatic change. If you can, would you please post pics of the stock. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for adding the stock pics. Much appreciated.

John

Last edited:
Please post a picture of the Bolt face. What bullet were you shooting?

Here is the contact info for John Mankin 524-462-4802 B&M Machine Tennessee
this is the man that did my Knight conversion

Last edited:
What breech plug are you using with that conversion? I would love to have the conversion done on my Knight .50 caliber Mountaineer.

Knight 45 cal. Blackhorn209 powder. bolt & breech plug converted to LRMP shooting Hankins modules. Fury bullet to bore, veggie wads, sized to 20 Lbs of ramrod pressure
I bought a new Knight 45 cal this year and have not been able to get a decent 100 yard group, most have been 3" or bigger. I tried several bullet types and powder charges and could not get a decent group. also changed scopes changed scope mounts and still nothing. Last week when putting the barrel back into the laminated factory stock after cleaning and View attachment 35672View attachment 35671just before tightening the action bolt I noticed movement with the barrel, it slide front to back almost a 1/4" and was rocking side to side. I ordered a Marine Tex epoxy kit to bed the action, also free floated the forearm. drilled out the action bolt hole then installed a Raven eye custom bedding pillar. let it sit for the 24 hour cure period. The following Sunday I took it out to the range for testing. This Knight is now shooting a decent group close to 1/2" MOA at 100 and I think I could of done a bit better if I had concentrated a little more. I'm impressed with how well this bedding job improved my Knight.View attachment 35674View attachment 35675View attachment 35678View attachment 35679View attachment 35680
Awesome shooting!

Good read. :lewis: Solid bedding and free-floating a barrel when viable can be a real game-changer.

What breech plug are you using with that conversion? I would love to have the conversion done on my Knight .50 caliber Mountaineer.
I'm not sure which BP is in it, I sent a regular plug that came with the rifle to Mr Mankin and it came back with a different plug as he sets the bolt to head space the modules to this plug, I'll send him a message for some details about it. He can convert your 50 cal for sure. This is his contact info: John Mankin B&M machine in Tennessee. 524-462-4802

Awesome shooting!

Good read. :lewis: Solid bedding and free-floating a barrel when viable can be a real game-changer.
Thank you, it made a huge difference with this Knight. I wish now I had checked the stock a long time ago, would of saved me a lot of frustration for sure. Used a lot of powder/components thinking it was something else

I was glad to see this all come together for you buddy! What a cool setup this will be for you this fall.

Back