• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Lee bullet sizing dies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WTB Lee sizing dies .499,.500.501.502,and .503 I have an adjustable 45 caliber sizing die, anyone make a 50 caliber adjustable die?

Swinglock does make a 50cal adjustable die. ASG carries them.
ASG289 Swing Lock 50cal Smooth Sizing Die
$175

The Lee .501 is a cheaper standard Lee size. The others are all custom order.

The Custom Lee Sizers get expensive (ask me how i know :D) 38.00 for a Custom size, and their RIDICULOUS 13.00 Dollars to Ship it, that’s 51.00 Bucks a piece! I bought 2 of them a Week apart, I got stuck paying the 13.00 dollars 2 times, Even Though the 1st Custom Die i ordered a week earlier hadn’t even been made yet. They say 8 weeks for Delivery, and that’s about right. The Problem with a Swinglock for my purpose (Lead Conicals) The Range isn’t far enough, They are designed for precision fit of Jacketed Bullets

I think for lead and 45cal you would need to start with a max of about .454. Might be close to that also with the Swinglock 50cal. Not sure but you can check with Tom.

If you have any questions regarding adjustable bullet sizing dies or would like to place an order, please call or text (814) 440-7292 or send an e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected] and I will be happy to help you.

Just a thought, if enough people ask for a conical version that would size larger he might consider making one.

I just spoke with Buckshot of Castboolits last night over the Phone, i was able to get a Custom Sizer that he had Back stocked (He told me he doesn’t make them anymore, stopped in 2016-17) He told me to Contact “Lathesmith” or “Ammohead” for any further Push Through Sizer needs, That both of them make the Push Through’s :lewis:

I think for lead and 45cal you would need to start with a max of about .454. Might be close to that also with the Swinglock 50cal. Not sure but you can check with Tom.

Just a thought, if enough people ask for a conical version that would size larger he might consider making one.

An adjustable Sizer would have saved me a LOT of Money in the long Run! And i wouldn’t have a pile of Sizers that say something they aren’t from me Modifying them, I did come up with a cool way to mark their current size, I cut the numbers out of a piece of tape, Wrap it around the Die and “Cold Blue” The new number in :lewis: I have a nice engraving Tool, But it barely scratches the Surface of these things

Yes I bought two of the custom size from lee at the 50 plus price to use in my long range hennry build. My greenmountain match 1to18 twist is somewhere around 4505. When I stared this build I was a rookie at this and did not know they shoot these guns with a very loose bullet. To the point where they will come off the charge if barrel is held down or bumped, very bad for a ringed barrel. Now to hunt with this a whant a tighter fitting bullet so there is no danger of movement.so I got a 499 from them and going to put it in my wood lathe and lap it out to where I need it.I did try knurled the 450 bullets I bought for it that I had sized in the 450 die that seemed to fit well,but my lock and breech and tang builder Rod told me that they would not be consistent for comp. Shooting . Like I said I have not got any range work the the gun since I got it back from rebuilding the lock that a local gunsmith here totally destroyed. Wish I knew of the custom die makers. Any way a lot of range work now and hope to shoot at freindship in September.

Latest posts

Back