Lets re-check the Thor 250 and 300 balistics with 100g of BH209 please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CW3SF1937

Reaction score
I was looking at the the results of the two request for balistic information on Thor bullets.

The given was a 26"barrel, 100g of BH209 powder and both a 250g and a 300g Thor bullet for next years Elk hunt in Colorado.

I was surprised to find that the 250g bullet had much more Energy than the 300g at the Muzzel ( was this an error )?

I checked, and my barrel is 28" ( that may have some influence) ----- So the given now is: 28" barrel, 100g of BH209, and comparing both the Thor 250g and 300G bullet.
If some kind soul would run the balistics for those sets of data that would be nice.

Also, I would love to have the math :) amatical formulas for calculating the balisitcs if given the Velocity ( Feet per second ) and Mass in grains of the bullet, and the Math. Form. for given those data to calculate the recoil on a knowen weight of a rifle ( mine weighs 6.5 Lbs ) and I think I need to pour some lead in the stock.

Thanks again in advance for your very kind help on this site. :)

Back