Loc tite for scope mounts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use Prime Lok 245 Blue on all mounts to receiver screws/threads.

Blue on the base screws and purple on the ring screws I personnally use primer first.
Redclub

Blue here on the bases too. Nothing on the rings. Never thought of that.

Maybe I should but I have never put Loctite on any rings bases or otherwise, then again I've never had a problem with anything getting loose.

Loc-tite is two purpose, one is to keep screws from coming loose the other more important is so you can get them apart.
Redclub

That's true, I conducted Loctite seminars for many years.

Anaerobic threadlockers cure in the absence of air and the presence of metal, filling all voids.

By forming extremely large molecules, the normal breakaway and prevailing torque values are changed. It absolutely prevents vibration loosening, as those molecules must be crushed to back out the screw. You now have significant prevailing torque where without Loctite or similar you have little or no prevailing torque.

As it fills all the nooks, crannies, and voids-- no air reaches the threads, and hence no rustlock. That's why it says "thread sealant" on the bottle as well. It is both a threadlocker and a thread sealant, though most folks only think of the locking part.

If your base screws are frozen with loctite, a little heat from a heat gun will loosen the bond and allow you to back them out.

Latest posts

Back