lots of cold weather out their today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
here it will be in the 30/s above zero. not so north and east of us. the reason my wife and i are here and not very far north of us here. 22 years ago in feb. we were on the canada border, it got to 60 below zero and 125 below zero with the wind chill. two weeks after that we moved here to western nebraska to get away from that type of climate.now we would like it warmer but its not like up their and we can handle 36 above zero, dont want that extreme. i keep checking butte mont for the daily temp. it is very very high elevation their. it is not cold like minn their. hard to grow gardens their because of early fall frost and late spring frost. the way to solve that is plastic tunnels and small green houses. other wise at that high elevation the weather is sunny and not all that cold. i would probably move to many location and just adapt bu as for now i have my deep heart set on hot springs s.dak. it is deep in a canyon, no wind what so ever and a warm water spring fed creek. lots of sun and no wind makes it a great retirement village. their is even a warm spring fed large indoor swimming pool their to warm your bones in every day.free water comes into to fountains that have about 20 differnt kinds of minerals that are healthy for you. check out hot spring s.dak., good place to live.

it will reach 70 degrees today, can you figure, this is supposed to be the coldest month of the year.

'Tis a chilly 55* day in Southern Colorado today. Got to the point I had to put my long sleeve shirt on...

:king:

Keep that stuff up your way. We ran the AC today got down right hot down here on the coast . Suppose to be hotter tomorrow but cool back off on Thursday to the hi 50's' I wish it would just make up its mind.This up and down usually makes me sick .

your right about up and down. problem is if it gets warmer the trees dont know what to do. start flowering out then a freeze comes along and no fruit this year. was really warm today. chives and holly hocks on the south side of the house will be up any day now if this keeps up.

One year I came from California December 24 to Missouri, froze the rest of the Winter. Came from Colorado mountains to Missouri in June, burnt up the rest of the Summer. It was -14 here in Missouri, thought ok move to Louisiana, get down there, major problems with the cold there. So stay in Missouri.

Almost 60 right now, was down around 5.

oneshot

Latest posts

Back