Maintenance........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Still getting around and doing things I keep finding needed done or, things created ;)

Yesterday came home from a trip to buy 2000 cleaning patch and an Ash tree had fallen across the road off the property. Thankfully no one was hurt. Someone did saw it into pieces so it could be pulled into the ditch. I mow that ditch :(
Out came the Farm Boss and although I had to be very careful with the knee, I finally got it cut up. Largest diameter was 20" maybe 21". Now one thing I noticed was I should have sharpened my chain before starting :wall: Well today I finished that project. However, I've decided a power sharpener might be quicker and more accurate. AMAZON!

Figured while I was ordering, I'd better replace the synthetic winch rope on the ranger. That's ordered too.

Wife says, "Don't hit enter yet, I want a new UV bulb for the pond". That's ordered too.

Always something :)

I know all about what you've just described. During the winter months we walk at the mall every day unless the streets are bad because of weather. I have no idea how a simple half hour walk can turn into a four hour shopping extravaganza for the little lady, but she somehow manages it. Then of course we pass three grocery stores on the way home from the mall too.

However, I've decided a power sharpener might be quicker and more accurate.

I really like this one:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/filing-tools/2in1file/
If you have the luxury of a bench vise (or stump vise, if far afield) it only takes a few minutes to touch up a chain and get things “sticky sharp” again!

Different models for different pitch chains.

Slower than electric, I’m sure, but probably harder to get oneself in trouble, as well.

Disclaimer: my cutting sessions are fairly short, I rarely (never?) need to sharpen more than once, in a day.

Latest posts

Back