Makes Me Sick!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Deer Man

Reaction score
If any of you folks visit longrangehunting.com check out the thread on muzzleloading in general discussion category. Ian McMurchy is ranting about the unsafe smokeless muzzloader. He talks about Toby Bridges article regarding the savage failure. I posted a link to the article and quoted excerps that clearly show that he had issues with the
Savage not smokeless in general.

I can almost guarantee that he will not respond.

FYI, I'm not taking sides in the Toby-Savage situation, simply pointing that it was a just that and not a Toby/Smokeless issue.

These people sound like anti-gun nuts.

I read somewhere that a guy said a good friend of his was on a hunt in Texas on some ranch and one of the other hunters was none other than TB. Guess what he was shootin............that's right a SMOKELESS SAVAGE. :puke:

Tar-12 said:
I could not find it.Can you be more specific?
Never mind Johnny, I found it. You might want to read my post.I put a fire under him! :lol:

Tar-12 said:
Tar-12 said:
I could not find it.Can you be more specific?
Never mind Johnny, I found it. You might want to read my post.I put a fire under him! :lol:

I tried to address it objectively as possible also and directed to the smokeless forums. I think Edge provided a link to Dougs Board.

I noted that maybe he should spend some time reveiwing the Trace work RB and some others have provided, at least educate himself.

P.S. Maybe should have pointed out that others need to recognize how deep in bed HE is with TC and Knight!!! :twisted:

Just a typical case of some "authority" quoting what he has heard or read without having any firsthand knowledge.

dwhunter said:
I read somewhere that a guy said a good friend of his was on a hunt in Texas on some ranch and one of the other hunters was none other than TB. Guess what he was shootin............that's right a SMOKELESS SAVAGE. :puke:

I recently saw a picture posted on a web site of Tobywith a hog, and a Savage was lying on the hog. I have no idea if the photo was real, or a photoshop pic. I also have no idea when it was actualy taken.
Maybe it was a real photo taken on that Texas hunt, and Maybe not. I do not know, and honestly do not care......

Why is his site''Toby Bridges'' still on the Savage10ml-2.com Faq section..Not trying to start that whole thing again .But it does not make a lot of sense to me! The way he beat down Savage one would think they would not want his name on there web site....Just a thought...bompa

bompa said:
Why is his site''Toby Bridges'' still on the Savage10ml-2.com Faq section..Not trying to start that whole thing again .But it does not make a lot of sense to me! The way he beat down Savage one would think they would not want his name on there web site....Just a thought...bompa

That is a 60 million dollar question! :shock: and why does he still shoot a Savage? :?

Thanks Guys!

Great post on LRH.

It funny how they cry when someone criticizes their Long Range Hunting ethics, but the talk bad about smokeless.

By the way, Ian McMurchy is a writer for North American Hunting Club and as such get a lot of perks.

dwhunter said:
and why does he still shoot a Savage? :?

Because.....they're the best muzzleloader out there! He just CAN'T give it up! :lol:

Latest posts

Back