Maximizin' your muzzleloader DVD

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da new guy

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying this DVD has anyone seen it and is it worth the money?

CD

I liked it and since I am fairly new compared to most of these guys and don't shoot as often, it is a great resource to go back to every once in a while.

It contains a lot of good info. There were a couple of instances that made me say "What?" The guy in the video makes mention of the Encore 209x50 barrel being "free floated"........He was talking about the QLA, the muzzle end of the barrel that has no rifling that makes it easier to load. Other than not knowing what "free floating" means, it's a pretty good video.

free float

Other than not knowing what "free floating" means, it's a pretty good video

I beleive the forend must be capable of passing a dollar bill between the barrel and the forened to be free floating. Acuracy might be impeded if a pillar puts undue pressure on the barrel. Probably one of the ol' Boys knows this stuff better than me.

Re: free float

Bucker said:
Other than not knowing what "free floating" means, it's a pretty good video

I beleive the forend must be capable of passing a dollar bill between the barrel and the forened to be free floating. Acuracy might be impeded if a pillar puts undue pressure on the barrel. Probably one of the ol' Boys knows this stuff better than me.

The guy in the video was referring to the "unrifled" portion of the muzzle end of the barrel. He said it was "free floated". That is the wrong term. No big deal, but I would have thought that an expert marksman, such as the guy in the video, would have known the term, and what it means.

It's a pretty good video . I don't feel i really learned anything that has not been discussed here on this forum though. :D He does show you with a chronograph the difference in loose powder and pellets as far as consistency .

UtahRob said:
It's a pretty good video . I don't feel i really learned anything that has not been discussed here on this forum though. :D He does show you with a chronograph the difference in loose powder and pellets as far as consistency .

Yep..... He hit the nail on the head there.

learning

I learn better visually. So that CD worked for me.

I'VE BEEN SHOOTING MZLDRS FOR YEARS, RECENTLY T/C ENCORES AND OMEGAS. KILLED ALOT OF DEER WITH THEM. AFTER WATCHING THIS VIDEO, I'LL KILL ALOT MORE. WATCHING THIS VIDEO AND SEEING WHAT MY GUNS ARE CAPABLE OF HAS STOKED MY ENTHUSIASM. I'M NORMALLY NOT ONE WHO ENJOYS PUNCHING PAPER, BUT I'M EXCITED TO GET OUT AND TRY SOME OF THIS FELLA'S TECHNIQUES (AND BURN SOME BH209, TOO). BUY THE DVD, YOU'LL ENJOY IT!!

I too bought the video, and while I didn't really learn anything, I think its a great video especially for beginners. Main thing for accuracy, clean your bbl between shots and be consistent in what you are doing for each shot.

I would defiently recomend buying it. Like someone mention earlier, seeing or watching it is better than reading it. Some learn better that way.

There are some powders like BH209 AND APP where better accuracy is normally achived by not cleaning between shots the only powder I ever use that you had to clean every shot was 777.

Good video...the key was (IMO) the consistancy he kept professing. Between shots, how you load, pressure etc. Nothing new for a lot of us but a good reminder. Although we B209 shooters need not patch between shots all the other info is practical.

Latest posts

Back