My 6 yr, Old Out Fished Me Again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Last week I dragged the family down to the eastern shore of Virginia. Chesapeake bay is full of croakers and they are great to keep the interest peaked of up and coming fisherman. We were catching the little buggers hand over fist on Speck Rigs and bottom rigs tipped with Gulp bloodworms. My son had his ugly stick bent over nearly double and the fish was pulling drag like crazy. I thought he had hooked into a bluefish but low and behold he had a croaker on the bottom rigs top hook and a baby Dusky shark on the bottom. It was an unbelievable frantic few moments in a small 13' boat as this little shark proceeded to thrash and bite whatever he could. We were both awestruck for several moments after we returned the fish to the water. It was one of the greatest times we've spent together fishing. Not to mention how puffed out his chest was that he caught a bigger fish than Dad!!!!

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

Great pics Jimmy. Your son really looks like he loves to be on the water.

VENISONEATR said:
Thanks Jon. He loves to drive the boat. The faster the better :shock:

I remember those days. How about you?

GREAT pics Jimmy! I'll tell you one thing....I've been fishing all my LIFE and of course I have some great memories fishing....but I have to tell you the truth my favorite thing of all time was getting to drive the BOAT! NO KIDDING! That's great that you are teaching your son to do just that! You're a great dad Jimmy, I can just tell!

Thanx for the great pix. were heading out to the outer banx next month. Both my 7 yr old and 12 yr old enjoy fishing and those pictures got me going. Ive fished most of my life but never got more enjoyment out of it than when my kids started catching fish. Looks like you took home some great memories. I keep telling myself to spend as much time as possible with them, they grow up fast. :) :) :) Being dad is job #1

big6x6 said:
but I have to tell you the truth my favorite thing of all time was getting to drive the BOAT! NO KIDDING!

Chuck I am starting to worry he might turn out to be a speed/adrenaline junkie. Whether it's in the boat on the ATV or in the truck he loves to go fast. You should've seen him hanging on to the tube I bought for dragging behind the boat. He kept giving me the thumbs up signal for faster!!!!

fordfisher have a great vacation down in the outer banks. Take lots of pictures you'll cherish them down the road. I'm having a ball being a Dad.

One fine report & great pics there Jim!

:) Your Son is following in Dad's footsteps of being a fine sportsman!

I used to love catchin those croakers. Man, what a great fighter specially on lite tackle. We used to fish where the choptank dumped into the Chesapeake near sharps lighthouse.

I also fished eastern shore of VA down near the sunken concrete ships just North of CBBT launching out of Kiptopeake State Park.

Curious where you were fishing?

Jimmy,

Great report and pics, sure looks like the 2 of you had a great time! Those memories will last forever.

:yeah:

Loggy said:
I also fished eastern shore of VA down near the sunken concrete ships just North of CBBT launching out of Kiptopeake State Park.

Curious where you were fishing?

Loggy we stayed at CherryStone campground which is about 11 miles North of the Bay Bridge tunnel in Cheriton VA. I think Kiptopeke was just to our South. We were fishing in the bay out in front of Cape Charles. Curious to note we visited Bass Pro Shops outlet store on our way back from Busch Gardens and they had a picture on the wall of a huge Dusky Shark that was caught off of Cape Charles back in the late 1930's. To think we were tubing in those very same waters.

Sounds like a great trip Jim!

Had the family to VA 3 weeks ago & saw Cherrystones sign on Rt. 13 as we were headin South. Looks like a nice campground.

Jimmy, spend lots of time and take lots of pics....Just took my 18 year old son to IU-Bloomington last weekend...They grow up way to fast. :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back