My girl Sammy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Just thought I would let you guys know I took Samantha to the vet today. She now weighs 36 pounds and is healthy as a horse. The vet commented on how nice her coat looked and asked what I feed her. I feed her Purina puppy chow for large breeds. Anyway there might be better chow but you guys know I am no pro about dogs and I figured I cant go wrong with Purina and it seems to agree with her. Sammy has had all her shots now and the vet said she would need no more until next year. But she does have another vet appointment next month for a spaying and to have a ID chip inserted. They said that would be $ 150 bucks total which seemed reasonable to me. Heck last time I got stiches it cost more then that. :lol:

Hey Rifleman
Glad the pup is doing well,Have her on any birds yet?
Purina is a quality food and the Pro-Plan line is better than their puppy chow especially for a working dog. The large breed is an excellent choice it slows down the growth a little which enables bones and joints to align properly.
I have been having a banner year on pheasants limited out last 4 times I went.
My old dogs even get puppy food during hunting seasons.
Ken

My dog Bud is a golden retriever slightly larger than breed standard. I wanted a large dog for goose hunting. I could not keep weight on him for anything until I started him on Science Diet for Active Adults. Lots of protien. Now he weighs 87 lbs. and looks great. He is 9 years old and very active and young for his age. Full of piss and vinegar.

Sounds like Samantha will do just fine in your home. :D

Just keep her off the PIE! :lol: :wink:

Purina gets my vote. The Purina Company makes contributions to North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association. They are a PRO hunting company. It is my understanding that companies such as Pedigree are ANTI hunting. I would rather spend my money to feed my dog with a company that endorses and supports the sport of hunting.

I've been feeding ProPlan for as long as I've had Springers.......... :D

A good premium food means less pick up to do also!

So from what Scott and Redclub are saying I should switch to Purina Pro Plan when Sammy gets older?

I would switch to Purina Pro plan now (growth formula) Iam's puppy is very good also.
Redclub

Back