my next project gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagebrother

Reaction score
my next project gun guys here are some befroe pics
sb
newrugerno-1.jpg

Does it matter what model Number 1 you use? Looks like that one has a bull barrel. Would a sport barrel work just as well or would ther forearm piece have to be changed?
Also The 28".45 cal wil be more accurate a 30" .50 will it not. .
I like the availability of bullets for the .50 cal.
ziton

yes,
any model of the no.1 would work. there is a difference in the distance from the top of the tenon to the bore centerline between models. s.m. i. can work with them all. the varmint or "v" models and the african models have the ability to have the heaviest barrel. my .45 was from a 1b model.
sb

A few years ago I read an article on tuning the Ruger #1. The author claimed improved accuracy and most of the article dealt with the forearm hanger. Anybody know anything about this?

dont really need that i dont think. the barrel on my .45 is plenty heavy and its free floated which i think is more important. but you never know-never say never.
sb

savagebrother said:
thanks ih,
we will have to compare guns when we get them done.
sb

I would bet when its all said a done we'll have the simular amount of monies in each gun. We need to hookup somewhere around Dayton and find a place to shoot them.

ih i think that would be a great idea, we will have to check and find out if there is a range we can use close to there.
sb

Latest posts

Back