My sons first time out with me and success!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I brought my 11 year old son out to sit with me in a stand. It was my first time out this season and his first time out ever. What a lucky little guy. He got to see 2 tom turkeys, a fisher cat and he got to watch me whack a nice buck. At first he didnt know what to think when he saw the deer lay there dead. Then his instincs kicked in and like a true hunter he ran over and grabbed hold of the rack. What an awesome evening, one I will never forget. I hope he isnt spoiled now. He probably thinks it's always that easy. I can go weeks without even seeing a deer.
100_2838.jpg
[/img]

Congrats!!! Nice going. I'm envious as I have a few years yet to do the same with my son as well.

Nice buck and way to go!!

Doohan said:
Congrats!!! Nice going. I'm envious as I have a few years yet to do the same with my son as well.

Nice buck and way to go!!
I wanted to get him out with me last year but the permission I had on this private land last year would not allow anyone to accompany me on the property. Shame on me though! I could have taken him where I normally hunt on public land. I had shot at the biggest buck I had even seen in my life on the private land and spent all season there in hopes of another chance. Again shame on me. I was soo mad at myself when the season came to a close. Thats when I realized I put my greed before my son. Not this season. I have only been out 2 times. Once with him and once alone. I am waiting for him to get an evening off from his sports to take him out again. I will get him out on Saturday for sure. By the way I spoke with the owner of the property and I can take him there whenever I want. She said I didnt have to ask. I wish I knew the owner last year.
Good luck to all this season
Frank

Back