need small powder funnel for pouring into barrel.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The object is to keep a target crown perfect. It matters when the barrel alone costs $400 to $600 or more.
If it is "worth" $600 you won't have to worry about it...if it only "costs" $600"...well then, lets hope it's worth it...LOL!

I still say, it, better'not, have such a light temper that a Chinese flask-funnel will harm it's crown...hehehe.

Last edited:
If it is "worth" $600 you won't have to worry about it...if it only "costs" $600"...well then, lets hope it's worth it...LOL!

I still say, it, better'not, have such a light temper that a Chinese flask-funnel will harm it's crown...hehehe.

Do you actually own a smokeless muzzleloader?
I don't know a builder of custom smokeless muzzleloaders that would recommend or design a metal, of any type, funnel that touches the crown.

Long range BPCR is my game... but I still see the same non-founded fear with crown protection. I always tease them and tell them "when you can beat me', then you can coach me"..lol

Would this be something folks would be interested in?

View attachment 8774
It would certainly work for those NOT using brakes.

Long range BPCR is my game... but I still see the same non-founded fear with crown protection. I always tease them and tell them "when you can beat me', then you can coach me"..lol

With all due respect....... this is the smokeless forum of MM

Plastic? Sure should for loading propellant but wouldn't for a load through. Put a lanyard on it ;)

I can 3d print it in PETG plastic... but the surface finish would probably be an issue... 3d printing (FDM) tends to leave little rings and small blips and blops... not condusive to ideal funneling. Thinking about pressing them out of brass tubes...

Just brainstorming. I'm always looking for better products to offer the community.

I can 3d print it in PETG plastic... but the surface finish would probably be an issue... 3d printing (FDM) tends to leave little rings and small blips and blops... not condusive to ideal funneling. Thinking about pressing them out of brass tubes...

Just brainstorming. I'm always looking for better products to offer the community.
Brass would be better imho. Even aluminum.

soft aluminum, and make it to where the funnel would fit into the barrel at least 1/8". for a 45 cal.

and no static cling like the plastic ones. I chucked the one I briefly had. I really dont have any probs pourin powder from the plastic tubes into either of my MLs though.
Yeah, unless its really windy, i usually just put my thumb and forefinger on either side of the tube and that guides 99.9% of the powder into the barrel.

Back