New Cap&Ball- Rogers and Spencer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old and grumpy

Reaction score
Just fell into a Rogers&Spencer repo.  It was made by Armi San Paolo in 1979 . They became Euroarms Italia in 2001.  It's .44 and heavy. They are considered a Civil War gun because they were ordered before it ended. They were delivered late and never issued. Only 800 went to the civilian market. The other 5000 sold for scrap in 1901 at .25 cents each.

I think that if they had seen action they would have pushed Colt and Remington sales way down in the following years.

This was such fun that the front loaders never came out of the case.

I loaded 1 chamber and hit a 12" plate at 50 Yards!

If you have any info on max loads or other stuff I could use it. I don't shoot max but want to know the limits.

attachment.php

attachment.php

After that first shot I loaded all 6. This is off hand at 21'.

index.php

I'm bored. So post more pics!

Bits and pieces ---
index.php

After the deep overhaul .
attachment.php

For size the little one has a 1 5/8" barrel.

Years ago there was a Rogers and Spencer revolver up for sale. The appraisers claimed it to be the real thing - an original in NRA Fine Condition. NRA was contacted to review the gun, they too said it was the real deal. The gun sold at auction in the neighborhood of $100K.

Years later the same gun came up for sale again, went through the same routine until someone decided to clean the piece. When doing so it was found to have metric screws not hand made ones of the period. Needless to say the crap hit the fan. The Rogers & Spencer was made by Armi San Paolo in the early 70's, someone did a wonderful amount of work on this gun, probably one of the best fakes ever.

Latest posts

Back