New From MI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aknott1994

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the muzzle loading world. I do a lot of handloading and distance shooting with 12ga shotguns and hunt big game. I am hoping this forum can help me on my new journey of black powder rifles.

:welcome: To the brotherhood from N central Indiana

Welcome but be careful! Muzzle loading is addicting and no matter what type of gun you start out with it won’t be long before you want another and then you will read posts about someone doing something else with some other type of gun and you’ll want to give that a try!
This forum and the great people on it are enablers and are only too happy to help! Hope you’re not married! LOL

Thank you all, I am sure you all will help me at some point. I need to figure out this Traditions first. The Sabots that came with it don't fit down the bore.

Last edited:
Thank you all, I am not sure what Sabot or bullet, the gun came with 12 brand new sealed in the box with it. Took a SERIOUS amount of force to get down the barrel and then was STUCK. I had to use a rubber mallet and a dowel and clamp the gun down and beat it out. Not something I feel like risking shooting

Thank you all, I am not sure what Sabot or bullet, the gun came with 12 brand new sealed in the box with it. Took a SERIOUS amount of force to get down the barrel and then was STUCK. I had to use a rubber mallet and a dowel and clamp the gun down and beat it out. Not something I feel like risking shooting
So many options. Bullet sizes and sabots. Don't give up tell us if you can identify the bullet or sabot. There are variables. You should have a snug fit but not so hard you have to pound it.

Latest posts

Back