New Jersey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterny

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here had info on hunting this state maining
around the Vernon area,why I ask my daughter just moved there because
of a new job and she said she see's deer all the time.Also looking to extend
my season as NY state closes in Dec.I have checked the NJ web site about
seasons some run into Feb.
Thanks

Plenty of deer in NJ. Our club is in Sussex County not far from Vernon. Few guys on that forum are from NJ. What are you particularly interested in?

The Newark watershed is a vast tract of hunting land and borders Vernon township. Also, Waywayanda State park is also open to the public for hunting and it too borders Vernon township. The watershed prorety is Zone #3 and I think requires a $20 parking permit. Vernon is the hot area for much of the states black bear hunting as is West Milford township which is right next to Vernon. The only downside of these places is that they get pounded pretty good with hunting pressure during the popular deer hunting dates. Also smokeless muzzleloader hunting isn't legal in NJ (YET). For a guy willing to get back in the woods a little it would be wise to take a hard look at Newark watershed property. Most of the states Feb. seasons are in the central western portion of the state....

thanks for the replies, I was wondering about bow and muzzleloader
seasons and how hard the public land gets hunted.I did see that
Waywayanda State park was quite a large track of land.
thanks Lee

Latest posts

Back