New shooter from Mary Esther FL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scramble

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm just getting into BP hunting. I'll be hunting Florida whitetails. I want to buy an inline rifle and any idea from you pro I would greatly appreciate your wisdom.

cheers
Kelley

Welcome Kelley!

There are a lot of knowledgable people here who would be happy to give you some pointers and advice. Once you start this muzzleloader thing you will wonder why you didn't try it before. I know I did.

In terms of buying your first rifle, you will get not only more advice, but better advice if you give some suggestions as to what your looking for (ie using a scope? are sabots legal?) and then what your proposed budget is?

more info

I'll be hunting mainly on the Eglin AFB WMA for whitetails. I'm looking for an accurate in-line rifle shooting 50 cal sabot slugs. My budget is $500. Any suggestions from the experts?

cheers
Kelley

Welcome. There are a lot of others on here more knowledgeable than I, but I would highly recommend the Knight KRB7. It is an excellent shooter for both saboted slugs and conicals. Also very good quality and, from what I hear, also very good customer service though I've not used it.

Vince

Here are a few random thoughts, although I am by no means an expert, especially with the likes of others on this board.

The Knight Rolling Block would be a great gun if you had no intention of shooting BH209 in it, due to ignition problems. If you plan on shooting BH209, I would look towards a TC Omega or Triumph. The Knight Disc Extreme should also work well with BH209 depending on the breach plug. There are other Knights that would but I'm less familiar with them.

FYI BH209 is a new non corrosive BP substitue recently introduced. I think it would be a great place to start. It requires no swabbing between shots or cleaning before putting away at the end of the day after firing.

Best advice would be to go to a store that carries ML's and check them out. If it doesn't feel/look good in your hands you probably won't be happy with it.

Latest posts

Back