New to Inline/BP sport

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbinator

Reaction score
Hello All- Lady luck smiled on me and I was given a chest filled with BP stuff for a T/C Black Diamond-bullets/balls/powder/pellets/measures/caps & primers/cleaning stuff/cappers/small tools and other goodies. No rifle :cry: :( . Read the manual and went to local BSP-got a deal on a T/C Impact, got more pellets(white hots), practise bullets/sabots, 209 primers.
Since being blessed I have been doing research on proper loads and cleaning. That seems to be my biggest questions. All the shooting/scope zero and usual gun stuff I am OK with. I am a 40+ yr LEO/FA Instructor/reloader of 30 calibers, just never did BP. All info is appreciated-just point me in the right direction. Glad to be here. Thanks, Bubbinator

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. I shoot a T/C Black Diamond XR and they are a great rifle. But a bear to clean. The T/C Impact you got will be much more user friendly. Much easier to clean.

I have never shot the White Hot pellets. If they don't work out for you, go and get a pound of Pyrodex RS in loose form. Try 90 grains of it and a 240-300 grain bullet and see what happens.

There are some excellent posts in the section for new black powder shooters that explain a lot of what you will face in the field and on the range. They are a kind of how too... if you will. Read them. And if you have ANY questions at all.. just ask. We are more then glad to answer them or at least tell you a story to make you feel better.

Have fun, be safe.

Welcome! I picked up a TC Impact this summer for my son to shoot. Removing the stock INSERT IGNORE made the rifle a good fit for him. He harvested his first doe this fall shooting a Barnes 250gr TMZ bullet pushed by 60gr of BlackHorn 209 loose powder. It's an extremely accurate and deadly load out to approx. 70 yards.

There are a large number of bullets and powder combos that I am sure would work good out of the Impact. I have never used white hots but I would start at two pellets with a 250gr shockwave with the supplied black sabot and see what it does for you.

:)

Great place to hang out...You'll like it here I'm sure. Glad you could stop by :!:

Ray...... :wink:

Latest posts

Back