Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Horn

Reaction score
Hello... This is my first time on this site, so I thought I would tell a short late muzzleloader story. I

I took my 6 year old stepson on his first late hunt last year (post rut) we hiked into a nice little clear cut that was surrounded by large timber. Did a few doe bleats then began rattling, followed by a grunt or two. My stepson looked at me like I was crazy making all that noise when I was on him the whole way in to be quite, not kicking every rock he could find. We waited about 10 min then we could hear limbs break, a doe came crashing in about a 100 yards out. His eyes were the size of silver dollars We rattled in four other does and one little spike that day. That was the best day I have ever had hunting, seeing the excitement in his eyes was priceless. The whole way home he kept saying I can not wait to tell Mom! He can not wait for the late season, he had his pack out las night geting ready for this weekend.

Keep your powder dry,
Ross :huh?:

Great Story..

Nice to have you on the site. Welcome.

Welcome aboard. My oldest turns 7 this winter and we are already making plans for her to come out with me next year, cant wait!

Back