Not 100% but very close

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Got all the major stuff done! I browned the wrong hammer screw, so of course, I'll have to do that later once I get some cold bluing for the next step I have in plan.

I still have to neutralize the actual hammer thats in the warm humid bathroom, after that I'll install it on the lock and Maybe, just maybe! Take it shoot tomorrow and try out the new sight/position set up.

Not a bad kit at all! A ton of fun and the browned lock looks so much better than color case.

I took it very dark, but with the right lighting, tehres a lot to see in the wood. Truoil was also applied to a point that it did not completely fill the grain to a plastic look/feel. It actually feels like its hand rubbed with linseed. Very happy with the way she came out.

Enjoy the blurry pic until its 100% complete and picture worthy LOL.
img_8422.jpg

So far the rife shoots amazing! Next time I will sit down and get serious.
IMG_8450.jpg

First shot out on a brand new rifle.
IMG_8471.jpg

Nice job...Has a real rich look...That's a real Trophy... :Red tup: :Red tup: 

YMHS
Hilljack

Nice job Jonathan. Gun has a personality of its own rather than a factory look. 
Al

Well if its not snowing tomorrow, I'll get her out to 100 yards tomorrow just to take note of where its hitting. I have a number of video requests and hope to shoot those videos with this gun. Front sight filing/adjustment, etc.

It came out beautifully unique FG!  I REALLY like that aged, darkened appearance. :Red tup:

Thanks Marty! I'm getting ready now to go out and take some pictures and finish up this thread with pictures and other info of the build. Been slacking, but with hunting seasons and getting sick, it's slowed me down! :slaps:

It now looks "interesting" rather than just factory.  I've rarely seen a factory gun that couldn't be improved at least a little.  I think I'm possibly being lead along the path to building a kit.  :affraid:

I'm familiar with them; just don't have that level of skill.  Probably be better getting a Lyman Trade Rifle kit.

Pectonica River Longrifles is a class act....The quality and design is beyond the norm....Their front page says it all ....I have bought a bunch of parts and wood from them over the years....

Hilljack

Yep, known about them for years, just lack the skill and tooks for that kind of commitment lol.

FrontierGander said:
Yep, known about them for years, just lack the skill and tooks for that kind of commitment lol.
 My first kit gun was of that same level.......I'm certain you could do it. :D

p.s..........you're already better than I was! :thumbs up:

FG take the step!...you'll never be more ready than you are now....Look at what you have already  accomplished....You'll do fine just take your time and attention to detail like always....

YMHS
Hilljack

Latest posts

Back