Off to a volunteer interview

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
I have an 8:30 am interview with the principal of the high school my son attended (for his first 2 years). The school has a STEM (Science, technology, engineering and math) program and I may volunteer to work with that program. The engineering and technology focus of the program is narrow, and I may be able to help broaden it to other aspects of engineering.
I do not want to have to follow the day to day schedule of a paid instructor because I want the free time in retirement to travel to Rendezvous and to go to the shooting range on a regular basis. But, I am happy to give a few days a week at the school.

What is nice about the STEM program is that there is no room or time for politics or social commentary. Oh, I will want to discuss engineering ethics and responsibility, but those are topics that are not particularly controversial. Everyone agrees that you don't cut corners that result in people and structures being put at undue risk. Who can argue about the idea that you should take responsibility for your designs and work.
Maybe I should take a shower before I leave for the interview. That falls under the topic of engineering ethics. :D And where is my pocket protector?
Ron

That's great you're sharing your technical knowledge RonC.  Most public high schools do not have the financial resources to dedicate staff (and laboratory space) to maintaining a science and technology program.

"Maybe I should take a shower before I leave for the interview. That falls under the topic of engineering ethics. 
icon_biggrin.png
 And where is my pocket protector?

Ron"

Don't forget the surgical tape on your glasses' nose piece.

The principal was a very enthusiastic, positive guy.  He is so new that today was his first day in contact with incoming students. He seemed thrilled with my proposals and we are planning the next step - meet with the STEM staff. He didn't seem to mind my irreverent (irrelevant?) humor. 
Dang, those high school kids look young!
Ron

Latest posts

Back