Old and New

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rap Scallion

USMC Vet 1959-70 NRA/NMLRA/TSRA/SASS
Supporting member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome!!!!! I have found a renewed interest after 60+ years. Shooter and hunter and now part of the Holy Black fraternity. I am a lover of blue steel and walnut firearms, so I have returned to my roots, after some deer hunting BP/ML. I decided to sell off a lot of my older rifles and concentrate on making some form of BP/ML work for me now. 2 Hawkens and a TC Scout to start the conversion to BP!!!! Let the fun begin!

Holy Black??? eh what ever bounces ya out of the bed, even before the Biden regime Black Powder round my parts hard to locate with in a 90 mile radius, let alone the needless mark up there of, So Pyrodex, & Triple 7 if given the choice pyrodex round 10-12 bux cheaper than the triple 7 by the pound. Welcome from Kentucky

Holy Black??? eh what ever bounces ya out of the bed, even before the Biden regime Black Powder round my parts hard to locate with in a 90 mile radius, let alone the needless mark up there of, So Pyrodex, & Triple 7 if given the choice pyrodex round 10-12 bux cheaper than the triple 7 by the pound. Welcome from Kentucky
Yeah i havent seen real black powder around here since G. Bush.(and i dont mean W).

Welcome from Oregon by way of Hawaii
Thanks to all the guys Welcome me to to this site.
Well those are some of the hold over terms from my affiliation with Cowboy Action Shooters who are addicted to the smoke and the roar of the Holy Black! Personally I like the 209 powder and primer system, particularly for hunting. SASS cowboys are shooting for the sound effects, and the more smoke the better! Back in the olden days of the 1950's as kids we made our own Black Powder!

Latest posts

Back