Omega bedding

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbargers

Reaction score
Has anyone done any bedding on there omegas or muzzleloaders in general. This will not be my first bedding, but was wondering if the Omega\muzzloaders respond to bedding like my rimfires i have done. It shoots good now, but im a paper puncher hoping to improve. Any and all responses appreciated.

I have free-floated the barrel that was touching the stock on one "Omega" . It certainly improved the groups.

Choc-dog

choc-dog said:
I have free-floated the barrel that was touching the stock on one "Omega" . It certainly improved the groups.

Choc-dog
That's the best advice you will get for improving the accuracy of your ML! My friend just used 2 washers under the barrel lugs,and it worked like a charm. My Pro Hunter also has 2 washers under the fore arm for "clearance". I didn't even bother to shoot it until I did this mod,as I knew it would help the accuracy. Ron

Thanks guys. I was wondering if the heavy, big bore muzzleloaders will respond like other rifles. I think i will try the washer trick.

Latest posts

Back