Opening Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coleridge

Reaction score
Opening day of ML in central NC with my new ML 10 II & 300gr SST. G2's are over 13"

goodone.jpg

Coleridge, congrats on a nice central NC buck. What part of central NC are you from. I am from Greensboro. Those are impressive G2's. From the looks of that buck, it may have come from either Guilford, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Chatham, Orange, Grainville, Caswell, or Person County, maybe Is one of those, the right county? Wouild like to hear the details of the hunt, if you can.

Yeah, it was killed in Randolph Co.

I shot it at 3:50 pm in dense hard woods. I'd only been in the stand for may be 10 minutes. He was just slipping up through the woods brousing. I watched him for about 3-4 minutes as he closed in to about 45yrds. The folage is so thick still this was my first good shot oportunity. He was facing me & the only shot was in the neck. He fell in his track right there. The bullet missed the neck bone but centered & lodged in the spine between the shoulder blades (end of tenderloins). He still had right much life in him when I got there (to much to take on with a knife with him slinging those horns :shock: ) so I gave him another barrel at pbr. The first bullet actually seperated. I have not had a chance to weigh it yet but I found a piece in the neck ~75-100gr and the jacket was found in the spine with no filler.

I have a much better day time pic a guy is suposed to email me. I'll update when I get it.

Congratulation on the great buck. Are you going to mount him? Can you post picture when you do?

Cool! :D I'm sure the guys over at ncdeer.com would love to see that big bruiser. They'd all be drooling over that one. Congrats again.

Latest posts

Back