Out of adjustment and still shooting high

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My knight tk2000 is throwing a deadly pattern. about 10” high. I can’t lower the back sight any further. Any ideas? I am heading south to Florida and then Alabama and South Carolina and Kentucky. Then home. If I had time I would mount a red dot on it. I can hold low, if I remember to when a big gobbler is staring at me!!! But I’d rather have it shoot dead on. Load is 95gr 777 a 1/8” nitro card, a tps wad with 2 oz tss foam osc.

Have you tried playing with the powder load? up/down 5 to 10 grain increments I`d normally start at 50 g and work up 3-5 shots swabbing every 2nd to 3rd shot.

You should be good to go! Got the FF in the right spot. :elmer:
Best of luck with your hunts.
What loads did you settle on?

In the loading process, it seems easier for me to remove the choke to seat the gas seal. Had a couple that went down edge ways. Probably a learning curve that I’ve not arrived to yet.

OT, I use Eastern Maine - Wonder lubed wad for OP. Retrieved wads show no deformation. They might start a bit cockeyed but straighten out upon seating. One can hear the compression sound.
No need to take choke off.

Back