Peep sight for this?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats an awesome gun. Those ‘Sporterized Hawkens’ ought to take the same barrel mounted sight as a CVA or Traditions. But a tang mounted sight might be the same as a TC. If that has a Williams rear sight then you might check out the fiber optic ghost ring insert for the rear.

Thats an awesome gun. Those ‘Sporterized Hawkens’ ought to take the same barrel mounted sight as a CVA or Traditions. But a tang mounted sight might be the same as a TC. If that has a Williams rear sight then you might check out the fiber optic ghost ring insert for the rear.
It is a nice gun, chrome barrel. It is a longer fun than either of my other side locks.

Does/Did the Renegade have the same curved tang as the Lyman Deerstalker/Trade rifles? The second link from Michigan Muzzy looks a lot like the Lyman 57SmL rear sight.
It has a very similar curve to it. Some guys, with the TC, have shimmed the 57 that is made for the TC. I had an Investarms Hawken and it was very very close in dimensions to the TC. I believe the Williams fp will fit the Investarms well. I know they can confirm it if you call Williams. They are very helpful.
The Cabela Sporterized Hawkens had faster twists than normal along with that stock checkering. Could have been 1:28” twist on them. Sweet guns.

It has been hard to find a good load for it actually. I think it has an oversized bore and every bullet that I tried went on too easily for my comfort. In the end I’ve had good results with a Bull Shop .5045. Accuracy was ok with smaller diameter bullets but I worried about the bullet wandering off the charge. Never actually happened but I worried about it.

I made this skinner sight for my sidelock. I made it for about $6.00. At 60 yards it is very satisfactory IMHO. At least for me. Maybe thats an option for you. Also have you tried double patching?????

The targets are shot with 80g(V) of grains of Pyrodex and 100g(V) pyrodex. Notice the difference in point of impact. Ill kill a deer with this gun before season is over. Patch and ball.

Attachments

• IMG_1301.JPG
    IMG_1301.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back